Nikita teaches a number of intensive six-day workshops in Europe and North America throughout the year. The workshops introduce students to the practice of iconography and to the theology and iconology of the Orthodox faith, and give a taste of what it is like to work in the setting of an ancient spiritual discipline. With the aid of step-by-step demonstrations, the student carries out all of the steps of the painting of an icon in the Prosopon School method and takes home a finished icon (board-making and final sealing fall outside the scope of a six-day workshop). No artistic experience is required of the participant and all materials are provided. Intermediate and advanced level workshops are geared towards those that have painted a number of icons under Prosopon tutelage and are already familiar with the steps of the process.
Nikita will be conducting the following intensive workshops in the near future:
- 10-16 December — Hawkwood College, Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK. See: http://www.hawkwoodcollege.co.uk/courses-and-events/arts/ancient-byzantine-icon-painting-with-the-prosopon-schoo
- TBA — Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies, Cambridge, UK. Contact: email@example.com
- 23-29 January — Klaipeda, Lithuania, Andrei Rublev School. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 26 February - March 3 — Atelier Nadaï, Vic Fezensac, France. Contact: www.atelier-nadai.com/Contact
- TBA — Püha Johannese Kool (St John's Orthodox Christian School), Tallinn, Estonia. In Russian and Estonian. Contact: email@example.com
- TBA — Esna Manor, Esna, Estonia. Theory intensive, with guest lecturer Vladislav Andrejev, founder of the Prosopon School. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org